*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

*DAILY STREET LIGHT TRAFFIC



This is what I Gotta Know....
What’s up with daily street light traffic? I mean, when you’re on your way home from work, and the streets are more crowded than the free-cheese line at the neighborhood Church, and you’re at the red light roughly 8-10 cars back, how long does it have to take to get through? Here’s how it goes for me. The light turns green, and you’re waiting to go, but you’re sitting there for another 2 minutes (and you know the light doesn’t last no longer than 2 ½ minutes), then, by the time you’re lucky enough to move, you get to the light, and it’s red again. What the hell is going on!?! When it’s your turn at the front of the light, you go….simple as that. Why can’t they??? I’ll tell you why. Somebody out there is illegal, and scared to drive, so when the light turns green, they’re looking to the left and right to see who else is going, and they wait for approval. So, what happens when EVERYBODY at the front on the green light is scared to go? We all end up sitting through 2 green lights JUST to get up to the front of the light for our turn to go. That drives me crazy. I know that when I finally make it to the front of the line, the light turns green, I go. What the other people up front are doing is beyond me.

Ok, some of us have bad relationships and marriages, and you don’t want to go home immediately after work, and I totally sympathize, but don’t hold up traffic because YOU don’t like your lover. Take your ass to the park, or to the gym, or kill some time at your local strip club or something. LET ME GO HOME! Cali is way too crowded for cruising. The day of the California cruiser is over! You see, I don’t have those problems. As a matter of fact, I have more problems trying to get home, as opposed to being at home.

Oh yeah, what about this….you ever been driving home, or to the store, or anywhere for that matter, and been stuck behind someone who’s so afraid to drive that they actually follow the speed limit to the number!!!? What ever happened to going with the flow of traffic? They got the flow of traffic so jacked up that they’ve created a new flow that’s so slow, I might as well be driving backward. Trust me, I’m no chauvinist. This frustration is NOT directed towards women drivers, in case some of y’all were thinking that. I’m talking about ALL of y’all!!! I’m not saying turn the roadways to a ‘Cannon Ball Run’ raceway, but still. You don’t have to be a speed demon, but you don’t have to drive “grandma-slow” to be a law abiding citizen either. Let me also elaborate on the old, mid-life crisis men out here who buy these oh so expensive sports cars, just to drive around with the top down, looking for chicks. Get this through your gray haired skull...YOU'RE NOT COOL!!! Open that muscle up, and let's get to where we're going, or get the hell out of my way! Oh, and please don't get me started on cell phone drivers! I know I'm not a perfect driver, but I can get the job done, whether I'm on my cell phone or not. Some people, even with earpieces STILL can't drive! If it were up to me, I'd be revoking licenses DAILY!!!

Anyway…I could go on and on about this, but I’m here to open the floor and allow all of my peers to share your frustrations with the world as I am trying to do…so,…with that in mind.

**WHO HAS AN ANSWER FOR THE QUESTION MAN???**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you've said. Road rage is real, and we all see why.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things are the same all over. Speaking as person with an hour commute one-way, I'd have to say the cell phone drivers are the absolute worst. How hard could it be to actually drive and talk at the same time. If your on a cell, its not like you have to make eye contact with someone next to you! Why is it, that all these important people (they must be important otherwise they wouldn't need to talk on the phone the whole time they're driving) can't seem to find, in their wide selection of skills, the ability to multi-task? Or is there a medical reason that proves that lack of driving skills is directly related to how fast one tongue is moving?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home