*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

*GET MY DRINK ON!



This is what I Gotta Know....
Why is it that some people who drink get embarrassed about their decisions to drink and smoke? You feel cool when you're around others who do it, but when you're asked if you drink or smoke by people who don't drink or smoke, you feel compelled to say "just a little", or "occasionally". You're quick to say someone is a square if they don't party like you, but won't stand behind your own decisions to do what you do. Why is that?

I've come across women, and been around men who have lied to people who they're attracted to (if that person doesn't drink or smoke) for a chance to get close. Now, I know people lie all the time when they're meeting someone, but something like drinking and/or smoking is more than just a little white lie. How long are you willing to keep up the facade? What do you think is going to happen when you and your "other" go clubbing, or to a social event where everyone is drinking or smoking? You're gonna go CRAZY!! Eventually, you're going to get tired of not having any fun, because you're not used to partying without alcohol, and you're gonna drink your new relationship into ruin.

Why go through the trouble of lying about who you are, and what you do? Are you ashamed of who you really are? Are you not proud of your real self? Is that why you attempt to create a person that the one you're interested in would like? Why do we, on one side of the coin, make fun of those (our "square" friends) who don't drink, while, on the other side of the coin try to cover up our real drinking habits when we're around someone we respect? Why do we have so much trouble with who we are? Why must we choose to drink in order to have a good time? It's amazing to me how drinking is so good, yet so taboo.

What ever happened to that brilliant imagination we had as children? Is the REAL you so bad that you have to have some sauce before you can speak? Have you no charm?

Have you ever seen someone, who normally drinks, in a social setting where they could not drink? They look like their going to explode! They're so bored. They have no personality, and all they can talk about is the last time they were wasted, or how much they'd love a drink right now. It's sad to me, but I guess I can't really relate, because I don't drink. Nothing good comes from it, unless you consider hooking up with a tipsy female good...but that just proves to me that you have no game! I don't need a personality booster, or an uninhibitor, and I don't need any liquid courage to let loose the "me" inside.

I don't know people...am I missing something by not driniking? I know that alcohol is an acquired taste, but that ish is NASTY as hell, and I don't care what anybody says, those fruit drinks DON'T taste fruity at all!

A long time ago, a cousin of mine (who doesn't drink either) said something that really hit home. He said "why should I teach myself to like something that's bad for me?". If I EVER wanted to try to drink, hearing that resolidified my original decision not to. Alcohol destroys your liver, it slows your thought process and motor skills causing those intoxicated individuals who are dumb enough to drive to put many lives at risk! My cousin just had an accident where he was rear-ended by a drunk driver. Although he tried to move out of the way of the swerving driver's way (he could see him in his rear-view mirror), he was still hit. There was nothing the glassy-eyed driver could say but "sorry man.....I lost control". Where's the good in that?

Am I wrong in my assumptions here, or do I have a valid argument? Let me know people please.....

***WHO HAS AN ANSWER FOR THE QUESTION MAN***

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, one point i have to argue is that studies have proven that alcohol is actually good for your cardiovascular system IF ITS CONSUMED IN MODERATION. Now people who drink themselves into stupidity are a different case all together.
I think a person's integrity is something that one should hold onto no matter what. Saying your a smoker or a drinker if you arent shows the kind of person you are.
At the same time though, i can't blame these kinds of people because the human need to fit in and belong is a strong one, so it will overpower integrity sometimes.
Im defenitly a drinker, as the Question Man knows as we are best of friends, but i think i have a personality without it, or with it. I think it just all depends on the person. Alcohol only amplifies what is there already, so to blame it for the person doing something wrong is kind of backwards. You need to blame the person. ---j.Curtis

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Benson don't hate cause you don't drink...

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-index.info/306.html or http://google-index.info/5.html

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home