*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Friday, August 18, 2006

*As Seen Through My Eyes

For all of you who know me, you know that I don't go anywhere! All I do is work, sit at home (or chill in my local area hot-spots) and take care of the household responsibilities. If it wasn't for my best friend Jackson in SD, I REALLY wouldn't go anywhere. Because of Jackson, and his loving family (my extended family), I wouldn't be able to share this small story with y'all.

Now, I don't want to make a big fuss about this small trip, but like I said before, for those who know me, I don't go anywhere, so this was a much needed break for me.

I tried doing the website business before, which was great (www.fastlifeonline.com), where I/we opted to hire professional photographers to fill our blank spots on our pages, and their work was fantastic, but me, being the big-time do-it-yourselfer, I decided to buy my own digital camera. It's a total amateur camera that I bought refurbished off newegg.com for like $90 bucks, but it is well worth it. Look at these photos.




















Two weekends ago, I drove my bucket down to visit my favorite family in SD for my sister-in-law's (baby-momma's) brothers' wedding. The wedding was fantastic (congrats J and R), and I took a bunch of great pics with my amateur camera, and I must say, aside from the reception room being a little too dark for the flash, my camera is the bomb....or maybe I just have skills!!




These are the pics that I took of the wedding set up, and my ride home. Check this out folks. These scenic pics were taken with one hand on the wheel, driving 70+mph on the hwy, looking through a dirty car window, from a distance, with my amateur camera. All I have to say is Kodak is the bomb!!! For all you amateurs out there, who function off a tight budget like me, the Kodak C330 EasyShare is the one. The focus isn't that great, but in the correct lighting, that camera works for me.

























































Now, I'm not going to be bold enough to disrespect anyone and try to offer myself as a freelance photog, but I just have to pat myself on the back, especially for the photos I took on the way home. I've got that eye, and yes folks, the question-man does have skillz!!! Just kidding y'all. Please enjoy the photos as I did. It was a short break from all my hard, continuous work, but I did enjoy the time away from the desk. To some of you, this trip is probably something you do on a daily basis, but look at it like this. If I took time off to take road trips and such, where would you do your reading? I've got to stay home to entertain my fans ;-)

Again, for those who know me, don't worry family. I'm going to start taking lots of trips, to real distant-locations, and I promise, me and my amateur camera will save lots of pics for you to enjoy.

Just my thoughts....from the Question-Man. Anybody have any answers for this....?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet pictures, Quest. Man! dude...i so know how good it feels to capture the moment. man, i'm stoked about your new hobby. i will now send you some of my pictures and we so SHOULD go picture scene hunting/snaping! no need to go far, there's some pretty awesome places nearby. let's go!! so AWEsome!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! looks like i MAY have answers for the Question Man's new hobby!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

Thanx GI. I always love to take the scenic route home from where ever I am, and with my new camera handy, I had to take these shots. It's a lot to see out here if we'd just take the time to look.

Thanks for the feedback.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo thanks for the props in the article.... some of those pix turned out real nice. I really like the one of the waterfall... you know it's never too late to head to photography school and start yourself up a business...

2:42 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

My hand is too shaky baby-momma ;-) I wanted to be a surgeon at one point, but I couldn't even win at the game "Operation". I kept buzzing out :-) LOL

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics! hope you had fun...sorry i stood you up! my bad, i didn't mean it. But I'm glad you still went, and seemed to enjoy yo self...except I heard you wasn't gettin' yo groove on out on the dance floor.... :P

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home