*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

*MY MOMMA'S HOUSE


 
This is dedicated to all those "men" who STILL, for some unknown reason, live at their mothers' house. Before I really get started, if your mother lives with you...that's a BIG difference. That makes you a responsible adult, taking care of his business, and his mother, so I applaud you. If, however, you're that lazy, good for nothing, having every excuse in the world to not get out, sorry sap of a man, THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Hear me out first folks. I know that there are extenuating circumstances that sometimes lead us hard-working responsible adults back into the nuturing hands and warmth of our mother's arms....but we're not talking about that. I'm talking about the MAN who's bedroom still looks the same as it did when he was in high school (cause he never left). The MAN who has his own shelf in the kitchen cabinets, the MAN who puts his name on his orange juice in the refridgerator, and the same MAN who instead of paying rent for his own apt. or condo, drives around in a better car than his momma. What the hell is up with that?!? Don't you think it's about time you got your 30+ behind out, and started living on your own? As a matter of fact, you should have been out of the house by 18...19 years old at the latest!

What reason could you possibly have for WANTING to continue living with your momma? (Remember, this is for the lazy, good for nothings that CHOOSE to stay home). There's no real freedom. I can come and go as I please. True enough, but can you bring your lady home after a nice date? Can your lady spend the night with you? As a matter of fact, do you even have a lady? I mean, if you do, what type of lady is she? I don't know ANY women that would seriously date a MAN (30+) who STILL lives with his momma. If she does....what's wrong with her...you know what I mean? She probably still lives with her momma too...but then again, that's a little more acceptable (to me at least).

There could be a lot of things to explain why some women still live with their moms. Their mom could be single, divorced or a widow, and enjoys and needs the company. The daughter could be saving to buy or rent her own place. She could be in college. She could just be getting out of a bad marriage, or she could be a single mom too. But, that's not what we're talking about.

Look at it like this. Men, have you ever met a woman, in her early 30's, and found out that she still lived with her mother? What was your reaction? It probably was just like mine.......there was none, cause it probably didn't bother you at all. Now, look at that same scenario in reverse. Have you ever met a MAN in his early 30's, and found out he was STILL living with his momma? What was your reaction then....EXACTLY. No MAN should ever want to move back in with his mother. You're supposed to be on your job! You're supposed to be the provider. The head of the household, and if you're single, you're supposed to be your own MAN, so you can eventually find that superwoman to make your circle complete. As a man, there should be no limit (legally) to what you would do to have your own, and make your own. So, with that being said...Get off your butts, and get a job! Get off your butts, and get out of your momma's house! GET OFF YOUR MOMMA'S COUCH, and STOP PUTTING YOUR NAME ON THE ORANGE JUICE!!! Get your punk-ass up and be a MAN!!!





The floor has been opened people. Feel free to post your comments, and as always....

***WHO HAS AN ANSWER FOR THE QUESTION MAN?***

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well question man you hit it right on the nail, you provided all the answers to your own questions. A man really isn't a man unless he is a provider, a leader a warrior so to speak, his mentality should be when I was a child, I talked as a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child, now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside. Will the real men move out:)? Anyone who is over 25 and still mooching off his mom is not in a relationship at all, as a matter of fact he is lucky if he gets one date with an independent, hardworking responsible woman which was probrably a trick from the jump street but believe me once she find out the game he has had his first and last date with her. Now Laquitta from the projects don't mind if he lives with his mama because her mentality is just as screwed up as his.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish more people would read this, especially parents of teenagers. By the time a child is 16, you can take a pretty good guess what course the child is on, for most people. It's never too late to improve, but the need to do so has to be recognized first.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

When I was 17, my focus was making sure that I made it into college in order to get out of my parents house. I begged my mom to let me move into the dorms. We had a good relationship at home, but I still needed to be on my own. I truly need a lot of people in my life, but at the same time, I am VERY independent. I think you're right when you say that you can usually tell what course your child is on when they get to a certain age. If they're not making any plans to go to college, or even the military after high school, chances are that they're really comfortable at home, and feel no pressure to be on their own. As parents, I feel that you also have the responsibility to put certain ideas in your childs' mind to start their future planning.....unless you're that type of lonely parent that really doesn't want your child to leave...until you get a new boyfriend or girlfriend.

Thank you for your comment.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...that's some funny, but true shit! i know a sorry, shiftless 34 year old (wanna be) man that still lives wit' his grandmother... that's not a good look fellas. in his case he can't come & go as he please, cause grandma tells him 10pm is to late to be going to certain areas. LMAO!!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. A grown ass man should not be in a situation where his momma has to remind him to clean his room. Its unfortunate that I can actually say that I know someone in that situation. However, in his defense. Since I'd like to believe that he's not a total loss, and deadbeat. I'd like to present the idea that perhaps the fault doesn't lie entirely on him. Just maybe, the parents (mother/father) have something to do with it.
No its not right that the guy should be there, and he should figure that out for himself. But is he totally to blame if his Mom's don't kick him out? Shouldn't she be the one connecting boot to his ass to give him at least a little incentive? Just a little something to stir the juices, from me, Damien, playin devils advocate.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

It is true that some parents are so attached to their children that they really won't mention moving out. If it's a situation where there's a single parent, you can forget about it, especially if it's the youngest child, and the last one to leave. If the child (man) happens to be an only son, with a single mother....he's not going nowhere! He's pretty much the only man in her life.

**THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT**

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah goodness, you are hilarious. I agree with many of your thoughts on this. From a female's perspective, if a 30 yr-old man is still living at home, how is he ever going to take care of you??? It is a masculine/male dominant world whether we like it or not, the man is still expected to protect, care for and provide for his family. I also think it's a part of the female nature to go for a man would could provide for all this, even if she, herself is an independent woman…I mean male peacocks strut their whole package of what they can offer a female by walking around, fluffing their feathers, being all fierce and colorful just to show the female that they ARE a man, and can defend and protect their family. So if you’re 30 years old and struttin’ your package of the brand new car that momma bought you…what does that say to a female? “....well, if I were to be with him …I’m gonna have to baby him like momma does too…he does NOT have what I need.” The worst that can come is that the female is also too reckless to realize that, and they do end up together…”…Look momma, we’ve got a new family member!” So yes, don’t be complaining if you live at home with your momma and women aren’t giving the time of day.

I like that you are able to understand the female’s perspective of still living at home w/ her momma. It’s almost as if you are spying on me. Haha. No, but it is also a cultural thing for some families. Well…okay, Asian families. The female is not allowed to move out until her hand has been asked in marriage. It just saves honor within the family. “Honor” is a very important word. Leaving the house before you are married dishonors the family: for you are now “unwedable” and pretty much considered a slut…if you cohabit before marriage. I’m guessing the dominating male is going to be the way of life…I’d say….for about forever. …Or until same sex marriage is legalized, well then, the dominating figure and family roles will most likely be blown into proportions. Hey, how do YOU feel about same sex marriage? 

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehh...1 hour later...I realized that me asking you how you feel about same sex marriage totally defies your screenname. You are not Answer Man...haha. That was rude, I am sorry that I cannot edit my comment. No need to answer, omit my last sentence and keep being The Question Man.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home