*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fascinated with Death and Destruction

Why are we so compelled to look at death and destruction more than happiness and construction? When we see an accident on the highway, we break our necks to see how bad the damage is, but if we're driving down that same highway, and they're building a new bank, or apartment building, we blow right by it as if it didn't exist.

What about events like Drag Racing and NASCAR? Ask any fan, and even though they may be reluctant to say, they'll eventually tell you that they watch in hopes of seeing a crash...or two. Why? Are we so dissatisfied with our own lives that we can't wait to see something bad happen to someone else to take our own pain away?

The other day, on my way home from work, I saw a MINOR (in all caps for a reason) motorcycle accident where the rider basically fell off his bike, skinned his knee, and was sitting on the curb talking with traffic officers. You would NOT believe the back up of traffic and rubber-neckers stopping, looking and HOPING to see some death or a ravaged body so they'd have a story to tell to some other miserable $%*&! I was in traffic for an effin' hour!!! I don't see the big thrill of seeing someone get hurt, but that's just me. I'd rather get my butt home so I don't have to be on the streets fighting traffic....caused by bored, miserable, unhappy with their own lives rubber-neckers.

I say, get a life!!!....but that's just me ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who are fascinated with death, here's something that may excite you. Anna Nicole Smith just died today (2-8-07) around 2:49p in Florida. Cause is still unknown for now, but you can check out the story at tmz.com

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home