*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Monday, September 18, 2006

A REAL Lady Knows


I know you have, but I have to ask anyway…..Have you all heard that song by Fergie (from the Black Eyed Peas) called ‘London Bridge’ (or something like that)? There’s a line that she says in the song that goes “I’m such a lady, but I’m dancing like a Hoe” (or something like that), and I just Gotta Know…if you’re a ‘lady’, but you’re dancing like a ‘hoe’…and you’re fully capable of dancing like a ‘hoe’…..and you STILL consider yourself to be a ‘lady’…..do y'all see where I’m going with this?

You see, I’m not a ‘pimp’, and I can TRY to ACT like a ‘pimp’…, but I don’t have it in me to smack a hoe! So…if I TRY to act like a ‘pimp’, but turn out to be unsuccessful cause I can’t smack my hoe…I’m just not a ‘pimp’…period! Now, on the other hand, she’s such a lady, but can’t seem to help herself from dancing that way…then…she MUST be a….well, y'all know where I’m going with this ;-)

There are lots of lady’s in the clubs and in the streets that believe the same thing. It’s just like Chris Rock said about women in the clubs dancing to the nastiest music being played…..’he ain’t talkin’ about me!’ If they continue to believe that, and have reinforcement songs like “London Bridge” being played for them, they’re gonna keep rump-shakin’, dancing like a hoe, and sayin’ ‘he ain’t talkin’ about me!’.

I don’t know about y’all, but I think that’s madd funny! People are always doing one thing that’s supposed to be out of character, then try to excuse it by saying that they’re not a certain way. It kinda relates back to the “Get my Drink On” article I posted a month or so ago. If you’re gonna do it, do it with pride, and represent the skank in you ;-) CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO.

Imagine a ‘lady’ in the club dancing like a ‘hoe’. You’ve a couple of shots of ‘courage-juice’ in you, and you’re feeling bold. She walks by and you say something like ‘damn…that #&$^% was dancing like a hoe!’ Naturally, she’s gonna get mad because she doesn’t think she’s a ‘hoe’, but you think differently. You start arguing and making a scene all because you brought attention to the fact that a ‘lady’ was dancing like a ‘hoe’. You see ladies…if you don’t act like, or dance like a ‘hoe’, you won’t be labeled as a ‘hoe’. It’s pretty simple…if you don’t want to be treated like a ‘hoe’, stop acting like one, and stop trying to excuse it by saying ‘he ain’t talking about me’….A Real Lady Knows if she's a 'hoe' or not. What do you think? Lemme know your thoughts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think the same holds true for men... if you don't want to be treated like an ass then don't act like one! Or if you don't want to be treated like a dog then don't act like one! I think it's all in the way a woman carries herself. I also think it depends on who she is dancing with... I thing SINGLE women tend to lead guys on with their dancing, does not mean they are a hoe, but maybe they just dance well... but for someone who is married like me... I can dance any damn way I want to WITH my husband because if I'm gonna be hoe, then I'm gonna be one with him and that's it....

10:57 AM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

That's absolutely true. I think a married woman should be as freaky as she can with her husband, but I'm really talking about the ladies in the clubs that act that way, but swear they aren't. If you're gonna do it, just do it. Don't say you're doing it even though I'm not that way. I see it like this....they had to learn how to dance like that somewhere. What were they doing.....standing in front of the mirror saying "I gotta learn how to dance like a hoe for tonights disco"? No...you are what you eat, and you represent what you are. It is what it is?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Fashion-Never-Dies said...

I personally don't have a problem with the way the ladies choose to dance, but why dance like a hoe, then get mad if someone points it out? I say, if you're gonna do it, do it with pride and don't make any excuses.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100 percent. The reality is, a lady carries herself like a lady ALL THE TIME, regardless of the venue. Dressing sexy and dressing provocatively (whorish/raunchy) are not the same. Sexiness is not defined via how much cleavage and booty is exposed. A woman with self respect will never be caught outside her home in proactive clothing - THAT'S A FACT.

What's the purpose of leading someone on? That's childish and dangerous. What's the point of gyrating on a strange man?

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home