*UPDATED EVERY WEEK!*

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Some Food for Thought

Here's a little Food for Thought for y'all. Last night in the shower, for some random reason, my mind started to wonder (Aimless Thoughts) about my close family members and friends, and I started to think about how much I love and appreciate them, but then it hit me. How will I feel when the times comes for them to pass? The thought alone saddened me, but then I started to think (Aimless Thoughts) again, and wondered....'what if we as people didn't do so much good in our lives, to have positive impacts on our immediate friends and family members lives, would they miss us as much when we passed'? Then it hit me even harder...'do we miss our loved one's more because they've impacted us so greatly, or do we miss and feel saddened for people when they pass, as a whole, because we are good and compassionate people'?

I wonder....would we really not miss people when they passed if they were not pleasurable to be around? I know you've heard people say it before when someone "less desirable" passes away, 'he won't be missed'. Is that a true statement, and if so, do you think that if our loved one's started to act like butt-holes when they knew they were close to passing, we wouldn't hurt so much when they did? Do you think that would help alleviate the pain of them passing, and if so, do you think we all should agree to do so when we reach a certain age to make sure that our loved one's don't feel so bad once were gone?

I know that there are a LOT of people in my life that I am going to miss dearly when they are gone, and I guess this is just one of my Aimless ways of trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. What do you think? Should we charish them now, and start distancing ourselves near the end, or should we just do our best to just try to grin and bare it?

2 Comments:

Blogger jacheree said...

Definitely do our best to grin & bare it. Because you don't want to make their lives miserable in the end. Love your loved ones until the end and always make sure they know how appreciated they are! Life is too short for anything else.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but losing your loved one's hurts so bad ;-(.
Now, thankfully, no one in my family is in immediate danger of passing anytime soon (I hope), but the thought crosses my mind from time to time.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home